Saturday, January 5, 2013

40 weeks!

.....and in labor! My due date was originally 12/3 and after a few ultrasounds they kept saying she was measuring a few days ahead, usually with a due date of 11/30. I am not sure if it ever
"officially" changed. During my 40th week, I was off work and VERY ready for her to come. Thanksgiving was over and I was getting bored just waiting! At my appointment on Wednesday 11/28 there was some protein in my urine so they did blood test, which came back with a little bit of elevated levels of enzymes in my liver. So just to be sure, they sent me to St. Johns the following morning at 8am for another blood test and a fetal stress test. They had us take our stuff just in case we were admitted to be induced. It took us over an hour to get the hospital b/c of morning traffic! Not fun! The tests came back normal and we were sent home with a follow up appointment with the doctor for the following Monday. As of now, they said she was around 8 pounds. I knew Monday we would be discussing an induction.

Friday night Jeff made eggplant parm, which is an old wives tale to bring on labor!

Saturday I didn't feel that great. I had a headache and just felt blah. I don't even remember what we had for dinner or much about that day!!!






Sunday morning on 12/2 I woke up at 6am with contractions that felt different than the  BH  I had been having. I took the pictures above and Jeff even caught me mid-contraction....her birth story coming up!

No comments: