Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Donuts, babies and sealions





A few Fridays ago, Giuliana's school was closed for CPR Training for the teachers, so I took the day off and took Giuliana down to Newport to visit Stephanie, Luca and Sailor. Stephanie and I were too busy talking and catching up to take many pictures, but after G's initial "i'm going to be shy and cling to mommy like a monkey" phase, she warmed up and had so much fun with Luca. We brought donuts and they were delicious! It was great finally meeting sweet little Sailor and of course visiting with Stephanie. I wish we could do it more often! 



On Saturday morning we woke up and had a little breakfast and Giuliana enjoyed her first piece of bacon. "Share bacon, Daddy?"






We then headed over to our neighbors for their traditional Jewish baby naming ceremony. It was a nice little brunch reception and we got to meet sweet little, tiny, baby Olivia. 



On Saturday night we put Giuliana to bed, and our sweet friend/neighbor, Joanna, came and stayed the night so we could go scuba diving! Finally! We had to board the boat at 9:00 p.m., but found out the boat was not leaving the docks until 3:00 a.m. After hanging out a bit, we went to bed around 11:00 to prepare for waking up at 7:00 to start diving. I had my seasick patch on and was ready to go. I was not expecting it to be so HOT in the bed. Usually it's actually a little cold. But we were dying. And this picture is how teeny tiny of a space we had to sleep in. I felt so bad for making Jeff take the inside, but I seriously get so claustrophobic if I'm trying to sleep between a wall and a person, especially if it's that hot. Thank goodness he is much better at sucking it up than me. After not a lot of sleep due to people talking, snoring, the boat starting up, etc. We woke up bright and early to the smell of bacon and the sea lions barking. Shockingly, I did NOT get seasick at all! That rarely happens. The conditions were so-so (a little swell and visibility was just okay). But it was still a fun day. On the first dive I had a mini panic and said I didn't want to dive after swimming to the anchor line. Jeff asked what I was scared of and I said "the current" and he said THERE IS NO CURRENT. He was right, there was no current at all, but for some reason that is always my fear - (not sharks, not running out of air, or anything a little more rational). I sucked it up, and then did all three dives. It felt a little weird to be out of pocket (no cell service) from G for so long, but she was in great hands and was happy to see us when we got home Sunday night. Since Jeff just bought a fancy new dive computer, I think we will be getting back in the water more often. Yay for that!
 

















{you can see the little sealion heads}

No comments: